Synonyms meaning deceive

From: Paul R. Zellmer (zellmer@cag.pworld.net.ph)
Date: Sat Jul 11 1998 - 03:54:26 EDT

A quick search using Strong's numbers came up with three basic synonyms for the concept "to deceive": APATAW, PLANAW, and PARALOGEW. I probably have overlooked some comparison of these terms in my tools, so forgive me if I ask something I should be able to find out on my own. What, if anything, is the distinction between these words? The first two, in particular, appear to be exactly the same.

Thanks,

Paul

Ibanag Translation Project
Cabagan, Philippines