Re: Use of the Article in Greek

From: Jim West (jwest@Highland.Net)
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 17:29:35 EDT

At 04:46 PM 8/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
>On another list I found the interchange below. Is the analysis of the Greek
>correct and does the argument follow from the analysis?

No. The analysis is inadequte on a number of levels- first- theology cannot
rest on a definite article. Second, the premise has nothing to do with the
conclusion and therefore the exchange is filled with logical fallacies.
Third, the proponent of the "pro-article having theological weight" claim
evidently is in error.

(I know that is brief- but as I have been enjoined from theological conflict
as part of my penance by my priest, any further remarks would be ill
advised. With thanks to my Father Confessor).

:)

Best,

Jim
Jim West, ThD