Re: Use of the Article in Greek

From: Jim West (jwest@Highland.Net)
Date: Wed Aug 05 1998 - 17:29:35 EDT

At 04:46 PM 8/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
>On another list I found the interchange below. Is the analysis of the Greek
>correct and does the argument follow from the analysis?

No. The analysis is inadequte on a number of levels- first- theology cannot
rest on a definite article. Second, the premise has nothing to do with the
conclusion and therefore the exchange is filled with logical fallacies.
Third, the proponent of the "pro-article having theological weight" claim
evidently is in error.

(I know that is brief- but as I have been enjoined from theological conflict
as part of my penance by my priest, any further remarks would be ill
advised. With thanks to my Father Confessor).

Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Bible
Quartz Hill School of Theology