Re: The meaning of hAPLOTHS in Romans 12:8

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 14:53:20 EDT

clayton stirling bartholomew wrote:

> But, LSJ (page 191) lists a Greek inscription as evidence for the glosses
> "open heartedness" or "liberality" , the reference is 1GI 4.157. Not having
> the Greek inscription handy I cannot quote if for you.

My reference is for this inscription is wrong, but I am not sure how correct it.
It is either 1GI 4.1517 or 1G 14.1517.

Perhaps someone with more experience with LSJ could explain how to parse these
references. I studied the explanation in the front of LSJ but it still isn't

Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point
P.O. Box 255 Seahurst WA 98062