Re: Ellipsis in 2Cor 2:6

From: Randy LEEDY (Rleedy@bju.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 10:52:02 EDT

Thanks to Ben Crick for a helpful parallel to support my reading of
this passage in 2Cor. Especially interesting is the fact that the
adjective in Matthew is synonymous with the one in 2Cor, tightening up
the parallel. The other NT occurences of ARKETON seem to be open to
the same reading (supplying ESTW rather than EIMI), but I can't find
any further parallels with hIKANON, which is the word in 2Cor.
Interesting idea, but nothing earthshaking. Sorry it took me so long
to reply, Ben. Thanks again.

In love to God and neighbor,
Randy Leedy
Bob Jones University