Re: reading for vocabulary

Date: Fri Sep 25 1998 - 10:51:12 EDT

In a message dated 9/24/98 12:53:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

<< Furthermore, I doubt that I will ever
 become so proficient at the language that an immediacy between myself and
 the author/s will be established, unhindered by the process of
 translation. I study the language because I GREATLY enjoy doing so. >>

        Here i would like to contribute that when I read Paul's epistles, aloud, I
can hear the cadences of his dictation, and can hear his voice going through
the logical (!) development of his ideas. It is a remarkable experience which
is unavailable in translation.

Tony Prost