Re: HELP: Paul and the greek word musterion

From: Kevin W. Woodruff (
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 08:38:37 EDT

I would recommend the late Fr. Raymond Brown's monograph _The Semitic
Background of the Term "Mystery" in the New Ttestament._Philadelphia:
Fortress Press, 1968.

>At 11:30 PM 9/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>I am currently working on a paper dealing with Paul's usage of
>musterion(mystery) Most scholars claim it originates with the mystery
>religions. i am looking for sources that deal with musterion in detail. Anty
>suggestions friends?

Kevin W. Woodruff, M.Div.
Library Director/Reference Librarian
Cierpke Memorial Library
1815 Union Ave.
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37404
United States of America
423/493-4252 (office)
423/698-9447 (home)
423/493-4497 (FAX) (preferred) (alternate)