Re: Present tence copulative verbs

Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 16:07:24 EDT

Jonathan Robie wrote:

> >I am wondering, however, if the EGW EIMI's reference to Exodus may
> >have been what triggered the stoning.
> Why do you see this as a reference to Exodus 3:14? I just spent 40 minutes
> looking at the two passages, and posted my results to B-Greek. As I said
> before, I would have thought hO WN would be a clear reference to Exodus
> 3:14, but I see no compelling reason to construe EGW EIMI as such.

Well, to us, it would be clearly a reference to Exodus 3:14 if hO WN
had been appended. I guess the question should have been about
whether or not the Jews had so understood it without the hO WN.
Clearly, the stoning followed immediately upon EGO EIMI, eh? I was
just wondering, Jonathan...

Lisa Messmer..................ICQ# 5666415
George Blaisdell

Have you seen Dulcie? Look for her Heart!

Last Chance for Animals...Fight Pet Theft!