Authorship of Hebrews

From: Theodore H. Mann (
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 15:21:11 EDT

Although (if memory serves) I began the thread on the authorship of
Hebrews some time back, my schedule did not allow me to read all of the
various responses, so the following concern might have been dealt with
already. I wonder about the notion that Paul wrote the document in
Hebrew, and that Luke translated it into Greek (Clement's view?), thus
accounting for the great variance between the writing styles of Hebrews
and the rest of the Pauline corpus.
Is this still considered to be an acceptable possibility? Many thanks.
(If this has been covered already, perhaps someone would be kind enough
to respond off-list.)

Theodore "Ted" H. Mann

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]