Re: The Greek word(s) for "homosexual?"

From: Ben Crick (ben.crick@argonet.co.uk)
Date: Sun Oct 04 1998 - 22:13:31 EDT

On Sat 3 Oct 98 (11:42:36), jharper@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Ben, I can only hope that you were being sarcastic here. This kind of
> rhetoric seems out of place in scholarly discussion...

 Dear Jane, and Dear List,

 You are absolutely right, and I was absolutely wrong to let my moral stance
 show here in a scholarly Greek milieu. I have already apologised to the
 List Owner and the Co-Chairs; but as you have also drawn general attention
 to this my faux pas, I apologise herewith to you and to the List as a whole.

 In my post to Jonathan and the co-Chairs, I undertook not to post again on
 this current thread. So this will be my last word here on this topic.
 Private posts will of course be responded to privately and politely.

 Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...

 Benjamin Crick.

--
 Revd Ben Crick, BA CF