From: Sherrie Sanders (
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 19:07:04 EDT

Okay, this is a question destined to show my lack of skill in understanding
points of grammar and such, but here goes: does a subjunctive ever occur
without hINA or EAV or the like? Of course, to translate hINA as "in order
that" I suppose you would need a subjunctive following it to complete the
thought--"in order that he *might*." I don't know if this is making much
sense, but it could be that I have answered my own question. Imagine that...

Allison Sanders