Re: 1 Cor. 2:13

Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 04:51:37 EDT

It occurs to me that I did not provide much in the way of syntactical
information on how I rendered my translation.

SUGKRINONTES is an adverbial participle of means. It relates back to
EIDWMEN (we may know). I t answers the question "How will we know?" "By
means of interpreting..."

PNEUMATIKA is a Plural Substantive Adjective in the Accusative Case
functioning as a Direct Object. It semantically parallels the object of
EIDWMEN, "the things given us by God."

PNEUMATIKOIS is a Plural Substantive Adjective, Dative of Means. It
semantically parallels the "words taught by the Spirit".

Hope this clarifies where I'm coming from.
God Bless,

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998 23:42:43 -0400 "Stephen P. Donahue"
<> writes:
>I am currently studying through 1 Corinthians and 2:13 is puzzling me.
> The
>is, to what does this refer? Can this be determined from the grammar?
>have been unable to arrive at any adequate conclusions. I would
>appreciate any help from those more adept than I regarding this
>Please excuse any errors in presenting this to list as it is my first
>on b-greek. I thank you.
>Stephen Donahue
>Pastor, Mt Zion Baptist Church
>New Canton, VA
>B-Greek home page:
>You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: []
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
>To subscribe, send a message to

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]