Capital Letters in Translations

From: The Thugs (
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 00:49:04 EDT

Fellow B-Greekers,

What was the first translation of the Bible that included capital
letters to designate the name of God/Jesus/Christ and divine pronouns
He, etc? Was it an English version? Did the translator give a reason
for this addition, given the lack of "divine caps" in the original
I realize this might be slightly off-topic, but please bear with me as I
believe this issue does pertain to our translation of Greek.

Best Regards,
Andy Glatfelter

Get Your Private, Free Email at