Re: Books

From: Jonathan Robie (
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 15:58:15 EDT

At 01:42 PM 10/20/98 EDT, wrote:
><< BAGD6 >>
> Hi People,
> I have been lurking for three or four weeks now and I have tried to pay
>attention to the posts but, for the life of me, I don't remember what book
>above initials represent. I also am very curious as to why the publication of
>this book is so anticipated by so many. As a rank beginner I am starting to
>feel a strong sense of anticipation myself even though I'm not sure why:). I
>would like to say that I have learned a lot just lurking for a fairly short
>time and I feel lucky that the Little Greek homepage led me here.
BAGD stands for Bauer, Arndt, Gingrich, and Danker, the authors of the
lexicon most people consider the most authoritative lexicon for New
Testament Greek. The last edition was printed in 1979. The "buzz" is that
this is likely to be a significant improvement on an already excellent

If the Little Greek home page led you here, that's sufficient justification
for its existence ;->

Jonathan Robie

Little Greek Home Page:
Little Greek 101: