Re: tutor

From: Theodore H. Mann (
Date: Wed Oct 21 1998 - 15:12:00 EDT

I must agree with Craig. I am self-taught and have used both printed
grammars and the Parsonj's program. IMO books are much more useful. I
have used Machen, Wenham, Dobson, Summers and Mounce. I like Mounce,
especially since it is tied in to a series of other books (graded reader,
morphology text, intermediate grammar, vocabulary guide).

Theodore "Ted" H. Mann

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 08:54:08 -0500 "Craig Rolinger"
<> writes:
> I have it and I would not recommend it. It is easier just to use a
>beginning grammar than to try to use the CD. In my opinion the
>interface is
>very awkward. If you don't remember to change your screen resolution
>to what
>their program uses, then it doesn't read properly. I have a Pentium
>and it
>still is slow to operate. It is almost impossible to print out pages,
>I would consider a necessity) unless you own a "print-screen program."
>must be afraid you'll print out a text book and sell it. Parsons
>seem to be interested in posting patches or improving the program. I
>consider it a shareware level (not to demean all shareware) program
>ready for the commercial market. But it is $49.95 and cheap is cheap.
>is all my opinion, of course, as an owner and one time user of the
> Craig & Nancy Rolinger
> 1621 33 St., Rock Island, IL 61201-2918
> phone: 309-793-4694 email:
> home page:
>Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is
> Philippians 2
>B-Greek home page:
>You are currently subscribed to b-greek as:
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
>To subscribe, send a message to

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]