From: Dr. Bill W. Rodgers (
Date: Mon Nov 09 1998 - 01:06:44 EST

track. It appears that KOINWNEW AND METECHW do mean pretty much the same
in Hebrews 2:14 and also in I Cor. 6:14. But this does not seem to be
the case elsewhere. Both appear sometimes to share things or concepts,
but full or reciprocal sharing or "fellowshiping" seems to be limited to
KOINWNEW. A good example of this is I John 1:3, where the noun form is
used. Also, there are about six places where the prefix SUN- [SUG-] is
added to the basic verb to emphasize the reciprocity or full
participation of the parties involved. I do not see anything like this
occuring with METECHW.

Bill W. Rodgers            e-mail: