ESESQE in 1 Peter 1:16

From: Bob Stevens (
Date: Wed Nov 25 1998 - 12:32:47 EST

Greetings to all the big and little Greeks!

This is my second day on the forum and I am so
excited to find it! I am a layman in western
Colorado. Had two years of NT Greek at John
Brown University twenty years ago. I love the
language, but recognize my limitations.

Have a question about 1 Peter 1:16, "hAGIOI
ESESQE". My limited understanding leads me to
see both the obvious imperative, "be holy" and a
subtle implied promise, "you will be holy". Am I
abusing the Greek?

Bob Stevens