RE: Critical Text of Apostolic Fathers

From: Perry L. Stepp (
Date: Mon Nov 30 1998 - 14:07:48 EST

> From: Larry Swain []

> I was wondering if anyone knoew of a critical edition
> of the Greek text of the Apostolic Fathers?

Bart Ehrman ( is currently working on a new
translation of the Apostolic Fathers, to replace Lake's offering in the Loeb
Classical Library. Given Bart's expertise in textual criticism, I can't
imagine there'd be a better source for info on the text and its various

Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church, DeSoto TX
Ph.D. Candidate in Religion, Baylor University
#1 Cowboy Fan
mail to:

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation,
    the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."
                         --P. J. O'Rourke