Correct preposition in Romans 1:4

From: Tom Geiger (teknon5@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 11 1998 - 17:43:38 EST

Greetings List Members,

This is my first post to this list and, I trust, that my question is
not to elementary for the list.

I am currently in a discussion regarding Romans 1:4. The discussion
is not only on the meaning of the verse but regarding one of the
prepositions used in the verse in the Greek.

Romans 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to
the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

The question is in regard to "by the resurrection". My initial point
was that the word by was EK in the Greek, not DIA. My point being
that the resurrection from the dead was not the channel by which Jesus
was determined to be the Son of God (which would be the case if DIA
was used). The person I am speaking indicated that I was still in
error as the preposition was not EK but EX.

I must admit I do not have a large amount of resources to check this.
I was wondering if anyone could assist me with this and also comment
on my comment regarding DIA versus EK (or EX as the case may be).

Thanks in advance for any help and your patience if this is too
elementary a question.

Tom Geiger