ELEGKEI

From: David A Bielby I (dbielby@juno.com)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 00:04:18 EST

I've found two separate meanings for Elegkei as I've been studying John
16:8 and related occurances of this word in the NT. I've noticed that
some translations vary on the meaning that is used in some of the
occurances in the NT. (NAS using reprove where others use a softer
word). What's the criteria for leaning one way or the other on this
word? Is there any help on this from Classical Roots you are aware of?

Thank you.

David Bielby