Re: Discourse boundary markers in Luke

From: James P. Ware (jw44@evansville.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 28 1999 - 20:20:28 EST

I must say that (in contrast to Tony), I found Clayton's recent posting on
discourse boundary markers in Luke to be ENORMOUSLY insightful and useful.
One obvious value of such study is that Jesus' individual teachings and
sayings within the Gospels cannot be fully understood apart from their
context within the Gospel, and discourse analysis helps us to more
precisely determine that context. I hope that Clayton will continue to
post his results as he continues his research.

Jim Ware