From: David A Bielby I (
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 23:28:00 EST

In 2 Peter 1:7 I have a question about this term filadelphia or
philadelphia. I don't see it in my LXX database, on in the NT. Does it
originate from the name of the city in the Decapolis? Where did that name
come from? Could someone point me to the original source of this term, if
known? I'm interested in connotations from Classical Greek that may cast
a proper background for Peter's useage.

Thank you.

David A. Bielby I
Pastor Vineyard Christian Fellowship Bloomington, Illinois USA