Re: Rhetorical and Discourse Analysis of Hebrews

From: Perry L. Stepp (
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 15:15:14 EST

From: Edgar Krentz <>

>Snd Stanley Porter recently came out with a major work on rhetoric, also
>from Brill, and also outlandishly expensive.

Isn't it redundant to use the words "Brill" and "outlandishly expensive" in
the same sentence?

Sheesh (to lapse into the vernacular)--at SBL in Philadelphia I saw some
items that I desperately needed in the *sale* section at the Brill table,
something like 50% off, and they were *still* far more than I could spend.

Pastor, DeSoto Christian Church, DeSoto TX
DCC's webpage:
Ph.D. Candidate in Religion, Baylor University
#1 Cowboy Fan

A great deal of intelligence can be invested in
ignorance when the need for illusion is great.
        --Saul Bellow