Re: Rolf's Book - Role of Theology and Bias in Bible Translation

From: Jim West (jwest@Highland.Net)
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 15:50:06 EST

At 11:03 AM 3/18/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I do not intend a sales pitch but I just received and read Rolf's
>newly-released book, The Role of Theology and Bias in Bible Translation. The
>chapter that discusses the book description (below) on the relationships
>between the words one sees on the page and the theological concepts in the
>mind I believe will stick with me for a lifetime.

Along these same lines, years ago now Pinchas Lapide published a two volume
collection titled "Ist die Bibel richtig Uebersetzt?" I'm sure Rolf's book
is excellent- and I will certainly read it. One should also, nonetheless,
take a look at Lapide's really brilliant work.

Jim West, ThD
Quartz Hill School of Theology
Biblical Studies Resources at: