From: Bill Ross (
Date: Tue Mar 23 1999 - 14:29:39 EST

Is it possible - grammatically - to translate it as "the whole lifetime",
"from world age to world age", "lasting from age to age" etc as I've seen
such in certain essays at the local theological library?

I have a related question. Is there a Greek term which is not ambiguous that
could have been used? Is there are koine word that explicitly and undeniably
means "eternal?" Is it used in the NT?

Some possibles:

In other words, we would not choose "for ages" if we wanted to be clear that
we meant "eternal." Would a Greek? Would they grab one of the words above?