Re: Perseus fonts

From: Mark Goodacre (
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 05:54:12 EST

On 26 Mar 99 at 21:23, One of the McKays wrote:

> Does anyone have any recommendation on fonts to install in using Perseus? They
> have several there and I wonder if you have any advice for a PC Windows 98
> user?

Maurice Sullivan mentioned SGreek. The other possibility is Athenian and it
has the advantage of being free to use for reading the texts (whereas SGreek is
shareware at $20 registration fee). I think if one only wants the font in
order to read the texts at Perseus, Athenian might be the choice. But it seems
to have a glitch in that it does not show up in Netscape 4 (or in my version of
it, at least). It does work fine in Explorer.

Dr Mark Goodacre
  Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
  University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
  Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom
   Aseneth Home Page
   Recommended New Testament Web Resources
   World Without Q