Re: Greek Translation of Augsburg Confession

From: Edgar Krentz (
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 15:57:59 EST

>It is not a copy of the translation itself, but I remember a book
>entitled "[Patriarch?] Jeremias II and the Lutheran Divines" (sorry; I
>forget the author-- it's been a while) which might also provide some
>interesting discussion from the standpoint of the Greeks. Jeremias II
>was deposed for his acceptance of the Lutheran works.

Was it by chance a Greek Orthodox priest named Mastrantonis? He wrote a
thesis on this topic at Concordia Seminary in St. Louis many years ago, and
I think he later published it. First name may have been Georgios.

Edgar Krentz
Professor of New Testament Emeritus
Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
1100 E. 55th Street