A witness ?

From: dano@ott.net
Date: Thu Apr 01 1999 - 15:47:51 EST

This question recently came up.. and I wanted to run it by the
majors here :)

Luke 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in
order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed
among us,
2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning
were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;
3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of
all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most
excellent Theophilus,
4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein
thou hast been instructed.

03l-luke-01-01 EPEIDHPER POLLOI EPEXEIRHSAN
ANATACASQAI DIHGHSIN PERI TWN PEPLHROFORHMENWN
EN HMIN PRAGMATWN
03l-luke-01-02 KAQWS PAREDOSAN HMIN OI AP ARXHS
AUTOPTAI KAI UPHRETAI GENOMENOI TOU LOGOU
03l-luke-01-03 EDOCE KAMOI PARHKOLOUQHKOTI
ANWQEN PASIN AKRIBWS KAQECHS SOI GRAYAI KRATISTE
QEOFILE
03l-luke-01-04 INA EPIGNWS PERI WN KATHXHQHS
LOGWN THN ASFALEIAN

So is Luke declaring himself a witness in verse 2? or a receiver of
information from the witnesses ?

Thanks :)

Pastor Dan Oglesby
Community Revival Center Church
Where God is Alive and Moving by His Spirit
http://www.crcc-oca.org