Re: Ephesians

From: Ben Crick (ben.crick@argonet.co.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 18:46:11 EDT

On Wed 14 Apr 99 (16:32:15 +1000), music@fl.net.au wrote:
> I am hoping to join a class in Ephesians next semester, after 19 years
> away from formal biblical study. Can list members suggest good
> commentaries which would help me to get a handle on the Greek text,
> please? What is *your* favourite?

 G'day David!

 My favourite is J Armitage Robinson, /St Paul's Epistle to the Ephesians/,
 James Clarke & Co Ltd., London, 2nd Ed, 3rd impression. No date, but I
 bought my copy new in 1961. Even so, I think it was done in the early
 years of this century (references to Lightfoot, Hort and Rackham).

 It comprises an Introduction; English Translation and Exposition; the full
 Greek text with copious Notes; essays on the meanings of difficult words
 and phrases; an Index of Greek words; and an Index of Subjects.

 You'll like it too!

 ERRWSQE
 Ben

--