Re: Byzantine Text Type

From: John Christopher DelHousaye (jdelhousaye@phoenixseminary.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 27 1999 - 13:37:05 EDT

I am not an advocate of the TR. Nevertheless, a textual tradition is more
fluid than your question suggests. While I would not argue for the
Byzanitine tradition in toto, it is "possible that in some instances the
true reading has been lost from the mss. of the other text-types and is
preserved only in the Byzantine text" (Greenlee, J. Harold. Introduction To
New Testament Textual Criticism [Grand Rapids, William B. Eerdmans
Publishing Company, 1964), 91.