Re: UBS Handbook Series

From: David Housholder (
Date: Thu Apr 29 1999 - 11:23:24 EDT

>Ted, I asked this question, once, and was told that it mainly
>defends the
>Good News Bible translation.

Sounds like you were told that by someone who didn't like the Good
News Bible :-)

The Handbook series is designed for lay and ordained Bible teachers
and for translators, according the Bible society description.
Actually if I recall correctly there are two series. One is the
handbooks the other is the Translators Guides. The text presented
in the Handbooks is the Good News Bible =and= the Revised Standard
Version. Comments relate to understanding and communicating the
nuances of the original language text.

David Housholder
Marietta, Georgia