Re: Grammatical errors in Revelation?

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 04:06:55 EDT

Dale M. Wheeler wrote:

> 2) John was hearing all of what transpired in Hebrew, and was translating
> it "on the fly" as he recorded it in Greek; thus the "bad" translation
> Greek. Yes, yes, I know that would mean he would have to be a very fast
> writer, and there are structural considerations, etc.

But Dale, in the Apocalypse John SEES more than he HEARS. Does John also
see in Hebrew and translate it on the fly?

I am one of those stubborn fellows who thinks that John actually had a
vision and actually wrote it down. I know this sort of thinking makes
all the people from academia roll their eyes and wag their heads but
frankly I don't care.

Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point
P.O. Box 255 Seahurst WA 98062