Re: Keeping up with NT Greek after class

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (
Date: Thu May 20 1999 - 19:25:00 EDT

> I guess my basic question is "what is the best way to spend my
> time?" I do not have a lot of time (family, pastoring, still in
> seminary, etc.). If you could only devote 15-20 minutes a day, where
> would you devote it? Working on vocabulary, reading through grammars to
> brush up, reading some portion of the NT, or a combination of the
> above?

I recommend going "cold turkey." Lock up or give away your English
translations. When you use the NT or OT (LXX) always use the Greek text.
This is a little painful and slow at first but after a decade or so you
will get used to it.

Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point
P.O. Box 255 Seahurst WA 98062