Eph 2:15

From: Andrew Bowman (abowman@pc-intouch.com)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 18:10:44 EDT

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0"><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>I would like to thank all that contributed answers to my
question regarding Eph. 2:15.&nbsp; They have been informative.&nbsp;
Unfortunately, they have not addressed what I specifically wanted to know.&nbsp;
The phrase which we are dealing with is hINA TOUS DUO KTISHi EN AUTWi EIC hENA
KAINON ANQROPWN.&nbsp; TOUS DUO is definitely the direct object of KTISHi
referring to what is being created.&nbsp; EN AUTWi is&quot;in himself
(Christ)&quot; modifying the verb explaining where the action is taking place,
or how the action is taking place (some clarity or opinion here would be
appreciated).&nbsp; The main question that I have to how to grammatically link
EIS ANQROPON to the rest of the sentence.&nbsp; Is it modifying the verb,
expressing &quot;?&quot; (I have no idea what it would be expressing), or is it
modifying DUO and again I am not sure how is would be relating to it.&nbsp; Paul
Zellmer indicated that it is not likely that it would functioning as the direct
object of the verb, which was my initial thought.&nbsp; My reasoning is that the
this is the result of the creation process that Christ is doing within himself,
as God created man, So Christ is creating the new man.&nbsp; I have a sense of
what Paul is communicating through this passage, but I would like to be very
precise both in diagramming it grammatically, and discussing it technically in
my paper.&nbsp; Any help answer these two questions would be greatly
appreciated.&nbsp; Thanks,&nbsp; Andrew Bowman.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

</x-html>