Re: Gospel of Peter 10

From: Jim West (
Date: Wed May 26 1999 - 17:38:56 EDT

Which edition of the Gospel of Peter are you using? In my edition (J.A
Robinson, M.R. James) the sentence you cite is in Gosp. Pet. 11.

In any event, I take it something like "Pilate answered saying, I am clean
of the blood of the son of God, still, he is glorified by you."

I realize that is rather an unliteral reading- but I think it gets at the
sense. I think it means something like- I didn't want him killed- but he
was, and you still find him glorious.