Re: Thanks, and request for Hebrew list information

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 19:31:39 EDT

At 16:34 09/06/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Third, I'm just about to begin learning Hebrew (I'm continuing
>with Greek as well). Can anyone recommend a list similar to this
>one which takes on questions of Hebrew grammar? I'm
>particularly interested right now in very basic questions, such
>as: how do I use Hebrew with Microsoft Word . . . that sort of

You can start by visiting:

That will tell you more about the problems than the solutions, but perhaps
that is where you _should_ start <g.>

Any serious biblical software program will have right-to-left facilities
included, and supplied with macros to connect to MS Word

The one I use ( Bible Windows ) works this way:
"The R2L program allows you to type Hebrew from right to left. When the
program is started, it is an icon. The program is activated by typing
<shift><ctrl>h. When this key combination is typed, the program is
activated. Type in the Hebrew to insert. Then, chose "File" (<alt>f) and
Send (<enter>). The R2L utility inserts the text into your word processor."

[ the URL is: ]

There is a Classical Text Editor available at:

I see there is a 30 day trial offer, but no price given.

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]