Re: Wallace: Beyond the Basics

From: Paul S. Dixon (
Date: Sun Aug 08 1999 - 22:18:34 EDT

On Sun, 08 Aug 1999 12:15:20 -0700 "clayton stirling bartholomew"
<> writes:

>My problem has to do with semantic theory, not lexical semantics but
>semantics in general, semantics of everything including words,
>grammatical forms, word order, you name it. Everything!

Clay, would you care to give an example of where you disagree
with Wallace on semantics?

I have found Wallace helpful and stimulating, but my appraisal
may be somewhat biased, since he cites me favorably a half dozen
times or so (pp 255-262). Actually, the guy is remarkably astute.

Paul Dixon