Re: Which version of LXX?

From: Nichael Cramer (
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 10:10:15 EDT

Ed Gorham wrote:
> The only edition of the LXX that I own is Brenton's. I'd like to hear
> opinions on it in comparison to Rahlf's.

Brenton's edition --which is now well over a century old-- is pretty
commonly understood to be an inferior text to Rahlf's.

That said, Brenton's interlinear edition has the obvious advantage that it
is --so far as I am aware-- the only complete translation of the LXX into
English. But for detailed study of the LXX, Rahlf's is the standard.