BAGD, Souter concordances? (was Re: 3 questions)

From: Perry L. Stepp (
Date: Sat Sep 04 1999 - 20:00:13 EDT

From: Jim West <>

> >Two pocket sized concordances seem to be respected by people I respect:
> >Souter's and the abridged BAGD.

> hmm.. i might have missed these but i dont think souter or bagd have a
> concordance out. they have lexicons, but not a concordance.

Both (as well as Abbott-Smith, my favorite) serve as fairly complete
concordances because of their extensive citations of passages in which terms
apply. I would be interested in seeing how complete their concordances are
in comparison with Schmoller's *Handkonkordanz*. Does anyone know? I would
bet that Abbott-Smith is the most complete of the lot--and it's a lexicon to