Re: Question on John 8:32

From: Steven Craig Miller (
Date: Tue Oct 26 1999 - 10:08:42 EDT

<x-flowed>To: Carl W. Conrad, and the B-Greek list,

SCM: << And as for the (supposed) parallels you listed (i.e., 1 Peter 2:2;
Rom 6:2,7), it is not clear to me that the author of John had ever read
either 1 Peter or Romans, or that either of these works were a direct
influence upon the gospel of John. >>

CWC: << Let's steer clear of that, shall we, please. >>

I apologize for raising an issue inappropriate for this list.

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, IL (USA)