From: S.D. & J.A. Mannix (
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 04:51:48 EST

The issue of Mounce seems to me
to be a storm in a tea-sup.

It is a natural thing to draw conclusions
about the meanings of texts when studying
them in the original languages. After all,
isn't that what we are meant to be doing?

I haven't ever gotten the impression that
Mounce is trying force his interpretations
upon me, but I do appreciate the fact that
he is thought-provoking.

I certainly prefer Mounce to Wuest who seems
bent on forcing the text to prove his view points.

Steve Mannix