Re: John 13:34 - A hINA Clause with the force of an imperative?

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (c.s.bartholomew@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 16:01:24 EST

Bret,

Framing this question as an either/or:

> Is
>this a case of a hINA clause being used with the force of an imperative,
>or is it better to read it as a purpose/result statement?

may obscure the possibility that a suggestion or command to a future
action might be framed in the form of a results clause. In other words
this might be a results clause but have the intent of of a command. All
I am saying is be aware that framing a question as an either/or limits
the scope of you investigation in a manner that might be detrimental.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point

---------- >From: Bret Hicks <bret@ratedg.com> >To: Biblical Greek <b-greek@franklin.oit.unc.edu> >Subject: John 13:34 - A hINA Clause with the force of an imperative? >Date: Wed, Dec 22, 1999, 11:52 AM >