Re: YABNTDA -Yet Another Book on New Testament Discourse Analysis

From: Steven Craig Miller (
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 09:54:20 EST

<x-flowed>To: Wayne Leman,

<< Why must Mouton and Sheffield charge such outrageous prices for such
thin books?! >>

One can buy most hardbacks (those titles which do not have a paperback
editions) from Sheffield for half price for those buying books for "your
own research." For details, see their catalogue. I've purchased many of
their hardbacks at half price. Indeed, I have a whole stack of Sheffield
titles sitting on the floor now, which I haven't yet read, simply because I
couldn't pass up getting them for half price. In my opinion, Sheffield does
not deserve to be castigated for "outrageous prices." I could name a number
of other publishers much more worthy of such blame.

-Steven Craig Miller
Alton, Illinois (USA)
FWIW: I'm neither a clergy-person, nor an academic (and I have no post-grad