How do you form a passive voice from a deponent verb?

From: Kevin W. Woodruff (
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 11:57:24 EST

I'm embarassed to ask such an elementary question, but today while I was
explaining deponent forms of verbs, a student asked me how that if one
wanted to state something in the passive voice with a verb that is deponent,
how would it be written? For example, ASPAZOMAI is deponent, how would one
write, "I am greeted?" Anyone care to answer such a elementary question
whose answer seems to elude me?

Kevin W. Woodruff, M.Div.
Library Director/Reference Librarian
Professor of New Testament Greek
Cierpke Memorial Library
1815 Union Ave.
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37404
United States of America
423/493-4252 (office)
423/698-9447 (home)
423/493-4497 (FAX) (preferred) (alternate)