From: Bart Ehrman (
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 11:15:25 EST

   In the two paths teaching of Barnabas is the injunction: Do not doubt
whether to give; and as you give, do not complain. But recognize who is
the good paymaster of the reward (11:1a). The last bit is GNWSHi DE, TIS

   I don't really like the term "paymaster" (since it's not one I ever
use), but can't think of anything better. I guess I could paraphrase:
"but recognize that the one who pays back the reward is good." But
I don't much like that either.

   Anyone want to propose an option?

-- Bart Ehrman