From: Charles Skallerud (
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 13:38:42 EST

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I don't really see the point of trying to
> fine-tune between ENQUMEOMAI as being distinterested as "sine ira aut
> studio" or just mainly calm but with just a little but of "ira" or just a
> little bit of "studium."

> Carl W. Conrad

I agree. I wasn't trying to say that Joseph was or was not calm. I just
meant that the word is not limited to negative emotions. Forgive me for
bringing in Homer. It was a coincidence. Maybe a translation that leaves
the emotion unstated is best.

Charles Skallerud