John 7:8 OUPW

From: Theodore H Mann (
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 06:42:32 EST

I wonder why UBS, NA and various current translations exclude OUPW from
this verse. (NIV includes it, and others footnote it.) UBS only gives
OUK a "C" rating, and there seems to be a lot of manuscript support for
OUPW, although I guess some of the more criticial manuscripts exclude it.
 To this amateur it seems as though it's inclusion is reasonable,
especially since it eliminates all the fancy footwork exegetes must
employ to keep Jesus from misleading his disciples.

Dr. Theodore "Ted" H. Mann /
Fax and Voice Mail: 1-562-750-5242

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!