Re: 1st declention nouns

Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 08:37:23 EST

In a message dated 3/19/2000 7:54:50 AM Central Daylight Time, writes:

 Personally I think Mounce's phrasing is misleading here: "a first
 declension case ending for the subject of the verb is nothing"--that's not
 wrong, but I think it would have been clearer to say the same thing with
 "there is no distinctive case ending for the first-declension feminine
 singular subject of the verb."

You've done it again. That quote from Mounce had me scratching my head
wondering what in the world he meant. You're correct. That is a very
unfortunate way to express the matter.