Instances of AGAPAW

From: Jeffrey B. Gibson (
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 22:42:04 EST

Just a note: I ran a quick search on the TLG for instances of AGAPA (not
AGAPH) in texts from the 4tc cent BCE to the 1st cent CE (excluding the
varia like the LXX the scholia, the anonymous philosophical commentators
or Aristotle, and the Greek Anthology), and I got 310 hits (39 in NT)!.
Mind you, this is hardly an exhaustive count as it does not take into
account the imperfect and aorist and other forms of the verb.

Jeffrey B. Gibson
7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A
Chicago, Illinois 60626