Re: Lower-priced new Greek tools

From: Roe (d.roe@t-online.de)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 15:15:48 EDT

Another "off-topic" one...

About AllDirect.com, who sells many books for 15-20% lower than B&N or
Amazon, I had written (May 8):

> AllDirect.com ships US Postal Service Ground (not Priority) for only
> $2.60 for first book and $0.85 for each additional.
>
> http://www.alldirect.com/

Actually, shipping cost is $2.60 per *order* plus $0.85 per book.

I'm seeing a lot of competition out there leading to bargains on
Greek-study related titles. But most such sites only seem to have a
couple interesting titles...

E.g., Hamilton Books (sales tax in CT) offers:

THE PARALLEL APOCRYPHA. (Kohlenberger.)
(“the original Greek alongside seven English translations of the
Apocryphal-Deuterocanonical books” [KJV, Douay, Knox, TEV, NRSV, NAB,
New Jer.B])
1188 pages. Published by Oxford. Hardbound.
Your Price $9.95 !!

or...

THE TEXT OF THE NEW TESTAMENT IN CONTEMPORARY RESEARCH: Essays on the
Status Quaestionis--Studies and Documents, Volume 46. (Edited By B.D.
Ehrman & M.W. Holmes.)
Pub at $40.00 - Our Price $9.95 !!

http://knight.hamiltonbook.com/cgi-bin/hamiltonbook.storefront

AllBooks4LessCom offers the Liddell-Scott "Supplement" and a title from
Fitzmyer quite reduced:

Greek-English Lexicon Revised Supplement (by Glare, P. G.)
ISBN : 0198642237
Cloth Text Pgs:352