Re: thinking Greek

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (
Date: Sat May 20 2000 - 15:39:12 EDT

on 05/20/00 11:08 AM, Hultberg, Alan wrote:

> By the way, Clay, how would you respond?

It has been my habit on b-greek to just throw out a molatov cocktail while
driveing by at high speed and then retire to some vantage point where I can
observe the conflagration from a safe distance.

My jaundice view of translation as a stage in exegesis is born out of years
of doing it. Over a period of several years of stagnation and plateauing it
gradually dawned on me that I was going to make no further progress in my
language competence as long as I kept falling back on English.

This is not a theory it is just a testimony about personal experience.